Transmission >> Removing a Warn Overdrive by Terry Howe
Removing a Warn Overdrive by Terry Howe
I get confused every time I remove a Warn (aka Saturn) over drive
from a Dana 18 transfer case that was in a Jeep or Scout 80. Looking
at the exploded view from Advanced Adapters helps, but sometimes I
still get it wrong and I have to figure it out all over again. I
figured if I wrote up the procedure, I wouldn't forget again and at
least I'd have something to look up.
- Remove the five bolts that run through the case of the over
drive with a 9/16" socket.
- Pry the over drive case away from the Dana 18 case. Keep in mind
that the gasket sealer and the bearing that rides in the planetary
hub assembly may fight a bit.
- Remove special snap ring that is behind and can be seen through
- Remove the special lock washer that is behind the snap ring with
some needle nose pliers.
- Use long 1/2" extension to remove planetary hub assembly from
transmission output shaft.