Dutch Wonderland Rides
Dutch Wonderland features 34 rides, a water park called Duke's
Lagoon (named for a purple dragon costumed character), along
with shows and games for children. In addition to Duke the
dragon, the park also features costumed characters Princess
Brooke, and the Knight.
Current roller coasters
Dutch Wonderland has two operating rollercoasters.
Kingdom Coaster - Built in 1992
A wooden rollercoaster, the first coaster ever built by
Custom Coasters International. Uses a single Philadelphia
Toboggan Company train with buzz bars. The park's monorail runs
through the structure of the ride. The ride was once painted
white, and is currently painted blue. It was named the Sky
Princess until the 2007 season.
Joust - Built in 1998
A steel "Big Dipper" style rollercoaster, manufactured by
Chance Rides. Sits where the Flying Carousel once stood, in
front of the Kingdom Coaster. Rumored to be Chance's prototype.
- Astroliner - an older space simulator that was added to the park in 1978, built by Wisdom Manufacturing
- Bumper Cars - a classic Lusse bumper car ride
- Capital BlueCross Monorail - visible from outside the park
- Dragon's Lair - a one-of-a-kind boat ride, visible from outside the park
- Dukes Dozers- a kiddie ride where children ride in bulldozers, moved from Hersheypark where it was called Earthmovers
- Dutch Wonder House - a rare "haunted swing" ride
- Double Splash Flume - a log flume with characters and a mist tunnel
- Wiggle Racers - Self-propelled scooters race around a track that includes a maze and a cave. This ride replaced the miniature train display which had replaced the indoor miniature circus display.
- Lady Gay Riverboat - a short cruise around a man-made island
- Sky Ride - the last station-to-station sky ride in the state
- VR Voyager - a newer-style motion simulator
- Wonder Whip - a kiddie whip ride moved from Hersheypark, formerly called Wells Cargo
- Turtle Whirl - classic tilt-a-whirl ride with a turtle theme
- Old 99- a train ride that went around a track by itself (1974-2002)
- Swan train ride. Only existed for a few years.
- Original Iron Horse Train, replaced in 70's for CP Huntington #123. CP Huntington #206 added in 1984.
- Thomas and Friends Live at Dutch Wonderland - a new show based on Thomas the Tank Engine
- Bubba Bear and the Badlands Band - a Sally-produced theater show
- The Adventures of the Frog Prince - a high-dive show
- Storytime Corner- Princess of Dutch Wonderland and the Dutch Wonderland Knight read stories to children
- Dukes Dance Party- Duke The Dragon and his friends dance to songs such as the Chicken Dance, Limbo, Hula and more.
- The Royal Rompers - Strolling horn band that plays and entertains guests while making excellent music.
- Beyond the Castle Walls - based on the children's book of the same name, Beyond the Castle Walls tells the story of Princess Brooke's global adventures.
All text is available under the terms of the
GNU Free Documentation License.