More Power Puller Operation Instructions
Dead Lift Rating
Safety latches (on all 3 hooks). To order, add SLT to the model
* Model 3-20 (the 3-ton
unit) is identical to the 2-ton units with the exception of a larger
and stronger tackle block hook and stronger handle.
**Pull/drag ratings are
for comparison only. Winches and a few pullers are rated this way.
Although there are too many variables (i.e., mud, snow, paved
surface, slope, type of object being dragged) to determine a
scientific drag/pull rating, the commonly used ratio is 2:1.
Parts List and Warranty For
|Model 1 1/2 - 20
||1 1/2 Ton Capacity
||2 Ton Capacity
||2 Ton Capacity
||2 Ton Capacity
Rated capacity is with the double line pull.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE AND CARE
Click to Enlarge
Please read manual before operating
1. Insert handle in yoke where shown in picture.
2. Attach hooks in anchor and object to be moved for double line
pull. See illustration. For light work the H-1 hook may be used for
a single line pull.
3. To pull, jack the handle forward and aft. Keep enough tension
on cable so it does not become tangled on reel. This can be done with one
4. To release, put enough tension on handle so bottom pawl (holding
pawl) can be disengaged from reel. Do this by pushing down on bottom pawl
lever. Then let handle come back four notches in reel and reengage bottom
pawl in reel.
5. Release top pawl from reel and move handle forward four
notches. Do this by depressing top pawl lever while moving handle forward.
6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 until tension is off cable.
7. Cable may be pulled off reel if handle is depressed all the way down
on bottom pawl enough to release it and top pawl is released at the same
time. This is best done in short bursts so the cable will not become
tangled on reel. This method should ONLY be used with less than 50 lbs. of
load on puller.
Safety Instructions - MUST READ
1. Improper use can result in SERIOUS INJURY OR DEATH.
Remember any product will break if abused, misused or overused.
2. DO NOT exceed capacity.
3. Rated capacity is with double lines as shown. Capacity with
single line is one-half of rated capacity.
4. Keep at least 3 WRAPS of CABLE AROUND REEL to prevent end from
coming out. Cable should be neatly wound around the reel. Failure to
do this will damage cable.
5. Replace cable when it has become burred or flattened.
6. ALWAYS use handle furnished with
puller. It is designed to bend when capacity of puller is exceeded. NEVER
use cheater or other handle because of overloading. Use of cheater VOIDS
7. All hooks are designed so that the load should be transferred only
through the BASE or BOTTOM OF THE HOOK.
8. NEVER wrap cable around object & then attach the
hook back on to the cable.
9. Keep puller well OILED.
10. Protect yourself from injury...EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED.
Parts Schedule for 2-20, 2-30, 2-35 (2 Ton Capacity)
- P-6 "Special Flexible 5/16" Wire Rope with Rivet Attachment
Ready to Apply to Reel"
||20' of cable
||30' of cable
||35' of cable
- H-1 Hook for End of Cable
- W-10 Frame Hook
- R-17 Reel or Sprocket Wheel (welded or cast)
- P-1 Heavy Duty Ribbed Frame
- P-7 Tubular Handle 18" Long
- P-8 Tubular Rivet for Reel
- P-9 Rivet for Pawl
- P-10 Shouldered Rivet to Attach Yoke to Frame, (2 require)
- P-11 Spring for Pawl on Yoke or Frame
- P-13 Clamp for 5/16" Cable (not shown), (2 required)
- P-14 Pawl
- P-15 Tackle Block Hook (complete)
- P-16 Yoke with Two Shouldered Rivets
- P-19 Clevis Pin (w/Hitch Pin) (attach sheave to tackle block hook)
- S-H Sheave
- R-F Rivet and Ferrule (not shown) (cable to reel attachment)
- CK Cotter Key
Parts Schedule for 1 1/2 - 20 (1 1/2 Ton Capacity)
Parts same as for 2 Ton Except as Noted Below
THE WYETH-SCOTT COMPANY
85 Dayton Road
P.O. Box 888
Newark, Ohio 43058-0888
Telephone (740) 345-4528
Fax (740) 345-0123
2 YEAR WARRANTY
Business hours :Phone : 800/743-4521
Monday-Friday 8:30-5:00 EST
Phone : 740/345-4528
Fax : 740/345-0123
More Information and Parts Breakdown